Mindful Chef Beetroot quinoa risotto & parsnip crisps
We love Mindful Chef. Not only do they take the misery out of choosing delicious dinners with their delivery service, but they also have bucket loads of recipe inspiration for those days when you do want to choose your own meal.
1 1/2 tbsp oil
1/2 vegetable stock cube
1 brown onion
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp pumpkin seeds
30g creamed coconut
Medium handful of fresh dill
521 calories • 60g carbs • 25g fat • 14g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
2. Dissolve the half vegetable stock cube in a jug of 400ml boiling water. In a bowl, dissolve the creamed coconut with 40ml boiling water to form a sauce.
3. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Dice the onion and peel and grate the beetroot. Peel and very finely slice the parsnips. Finely chop the dill.
4. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat. Fry the garlic and onion for 5 mins, then add the grated beetroot for 3 mins. Rinse the quinoa in cold water and add to the pan, stir frequently for 2 mins.
5. Meanwhile, place the parsnips on a baking tray and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil, place in the oven for 15 mins until crisp, turning halfway through.
6. Then pour in the vegetable stock, stir and leave to simmer for 15 mins, then add the spinach and cook for a further 2 mins until the quinoa is cooked. Add more boiling water if needed. Once cooked, stir through half of the dill.
7. Spoon the beetroot quinoa risotto onto two warm plates, drizzle over the creamed coconut, sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and parsnip crisps and the remaining dill. Season with black pepper.
Recipe reproduced with permission from Mindful Chef.
Mindful Chef recipe boxes provide you with the tools to cook delicious nutritious meals in under 30 minutes. Each box contains recipe cards, pre-portioned ingredients and fresh meat, fish and produce sourced from small award-winning British farms.